COMMUNITY BASED COUNSELOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Dominion Youth Services is currently seeking Qualified Mental Health Professionals that have a passion to serve individuals and provide quality care. The Community Based Counselor will work with children, adolescents, adults and their families to assist them with managing mental health/behavioral issues and work towards maintaining placement in the home and/or community.
If you are seeking a job that is truly rewarding and allows you to have an impact on an individual’s life, come work for Dominion Youth Services today! Since 1999, Dominion Youth services has been providing quality care to individuals and their families. The mission of Dominion Youth Services is to enrich the lives of the people we serve by instilling in them a belief that they have the capabilities to achieve their goals. We provide quality programs that allow individuals to develop the skills necessary for success. Our staff are supportive and caring individuals who are trained to carry out our mission. We strive to be the premier provider of a broad array of services to include mental health, education, intellectual disabilities and autism.
This position requires you to be registered with the Board of Counseling as a QMHP-C. For more information, please visit: https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_QMHP.htm
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or other Human Services related field, and experience providing mental health services to children, adolescents and/or adults.
- Meet the criteria of a Qualified Mental Health Professional- Child (QMHP-C), Qualified Mental Health Professional-Adult (QMHP-A) and/or Qualified Mental Health Professional-Eligible (QMHP-E) per the Virginia Board of Counseling regulations. Please visit this link for more information, https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_QMHP.htm
- Must hold a valid, current Commonwealth of VA Driver’s License and be insurable by the company’s liability insurance.
- Other requirements as assigned by DMAS and/or licensure standards.
- Engage individuals in individual and/or family sessions while providing psychoeducation, behavioral support and therapeutic interventions.
- Utilize verbal de-escalation techniques and strategies to assist the individual with maintaining self-control. Educate the individual on and assist them with utilizing coping skills to manage behaviors and emotions.
- Assess, evaluate and monitor the safety of individuals and others at all times.
- Develop treatment plans based on recommended goals identified in the individual’s assessment.
- Complete all required documentation which includes but not limited to, the tracking of all individualized behaviors, individual service plans, monthly reports, quarterly reports, discharge planning, progress notes and all related documentation in compliance with DMAS, Licensure and Dominion Day standards.
- Engage in Care Coordination with other staff and community service providers to ensure the appropriateness of treatment modalities and services being provided.
- Attend supervision and staff meetings to address the individual’s needs/progress and any administrative needs.
- Provide 24-hour emergency response as needed.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS TO JOINING OUR TEAM:
- Flexible scheduling
- Providing continuing education to employees
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits, including dental & vision coverage
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- Reimbursement for QMHP registration and renewal
- Opportunities for supervision, continuing education, and career growth