Direct Support Professional
Do you have a desire to make a positive impact on the lives of others? Join our Dominion Waiver Services team and support adults and children diagnosed with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities. Our services help these individuals gain independence by providing supports and training in everyday living skills in the comfort of their own homes and communities.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Highly dependable, kind, and service-oriented
- Adaptable and eager to learn
- Passionate about helping those diagnosed with a disability live a more fulfilled life
As a Direct Support Professional, you will:
- Provide companionship to individuals in their homes and communities. Support their unique needs by assisting with activities of daily living and skill building to increase independence.
- Empower individuals to develop their own lifestyle by encouraging expression of their likes and dislikes, and teaching decision-making skills.
- Encourage and foster individuals’ preferred hobbies, interests, and skills while working toward community integration to help create natural friendships and support systems.
- Assist with and develop communication and socialization skills.
- Assist with personal care tasks to ensure hygiene and nutrition needs are met.
- Teach coping skills that are appropriate for home and community settings as needed.
- Support the development of plans and schedules.
- Provide reliable transportation to appointments, meetings, community activities, events, etc.