Hagerstown Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for anÂ RN Unit CoordinatorÂ to join our team.
WE OFFER EXCELLENT BENEFITS:
LOW DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLANS* 401K PLAN (COMPANY MATCH) * DAILY PAY * EMPLOYEE SELF-SERVICE PORTAL* SHIFT DIFFERENTIALS * PRECEPTOR BENEFITS
The position of RN Unit Coordinator coordinates the delivery of nursing care for residents and provides leadership to the nursing staff to assure that care standards are met and the highest degree of quality resident care is provided at all times. The position must function as a team member, team leader, and supervisor to ensure that work is accomplished and quality care is delivered, supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. While focusing on delivering quality care, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources. The position is accountable for all operational aspects of the unit(s) on a 24-hour basis.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make sure that sufficient nursing staffing levels are met to ensure delivery of quality resident care.
- Work with staff scheduler to monitor staff attendance and initiate disciplinary actions as needed.
- Identify needs for staffing changes and communicate with Director of Nursing.
- Assist in orientation and training of new employees and participate in their ongoing training.
- Develop and communicate shift assignments for nursing staff and monitor job performance to assure that staff are performing their work assignments within acceptable nursing standards.
- Communicate with ancillary departments and nursing staff at shift change on resident conditions, needs, and concerns.
- Ensure that all nursing staff follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Evaluate staff performance and identifies, with employees, opportunities for improvements.
- Ensure appropriate recognition for staff achievement.
- May participate in center projects, program development, and committees as needed.
- Respond to resident, family, and staff concerns in a timely, effective manner.
- Participate in Case Managing needs of the resident.
- May assess potential admissions.
- Submit reports and complete Home Office monitors identified in a timely manner.
- Complete and submit CCI report weekly.
- Identify quality improvement opportunities and assist in coordinating appropriate actions.
- Ensure interdisciplinary staff participation in the QI process.
- Promptly investigate and report any allegations of resident abuse, neglect, or misappropriation.
- Follows up on written pharmacy recommendations.
- Follows up on dietary recommendations.
- Assists with monthly â€œchange overâ€ in physician orders (recapping).
- Will review on a daily basis all telephone orders received in last 24 hours to ensure appropriate documentation has occurred.
- Will engage in effective communication with DON/designee both written and verbally, identifying issues/concerns/problems on the unit.
- Participates in â€œon-callâ€ rotation and 24-hour responsibility for assigned unit.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the financial aspects of nursing operations and provide accurate documentation of all services in order to assure accurate reimbursement from all payor sources
- Manage the resources available in the role of unit manager while ensuring that needed resources are available and that quality care is delivered to all residents.
- Provide professional nursing care to residents.
- Participate in the development of a written care plan and assessment for each resident and review and revise as appropriate. (the resident care coordinator has primary responsibility for the following functions):
- Ensure that a clean, comfortable, and safe environment for residents is maintained at all times and assure that resident needs are met.
- Maintain resident documentation, records, and charts to ensure an accurate, up to date record of the residentâ€™s medical treatments.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Participate in and provide scheduled training, educational classes, and orientation programs to maintain licensure of self and certification of team members and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a current license as an RN or LPN in the state where the center is located.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN program.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in long term care.
- Must maintain current CPR certification.
- Previous supervisory/management experience required.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nationâ€™s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.