A Medical Billing Customer Service Representative receives a high volume of telephone calls and maintains a solid customer/patient relationship by resolving problems, answering questions, and handling concerns with accuracy and professionalism. Uses established protocols for reporting client concerns. Functioning under the general supervision of the billing supervisor, this position requires Customer Service Representatives to be crossed trained in all areas of the Medical Billing department.
- Receives and handles a large volume of patient and client calls on a daily basis
- Reviews patient accounts to determine why there is an outstanding balance.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves patient and client issues using the computer system.
- Follows up with insurance carriers to resolve payment issues
- Processes payments over the phone from customers/patients
- Negotiates payment arrangements with customers/patients
- HS Diploma
- Previous Medical Billing Expierience
- Medical Billing Certification
- Bilingual(English/Spanish) Preferred