Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Community, through the use of specialized equipment. Ensures proper handling and disposal of waste and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups. Assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/packages and maintains the Erickson Living Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
2) Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
3) Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
4) Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
5) Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
6) Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
7) Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and carts.
8) Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
9) Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment.
10) May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
11) Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as changes in behavior.
12) Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
13) Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
14) Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services.
15) Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery.
16) Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques required.
• Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy).
• Basic computer skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment.
**Some Communities may require a Commercial Driver’s License or Chauffeur’s License depending
on vehicle classification and Department of Transportation requirements
Ability to lift/move 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a assistive device or get assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand on ones feet for a long period of time; bending and extensive walking; use hands to grip or feel; reach with hands and arms; push and pull a cart, mop/bucket, use of floor equipment; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.