Title: Community Life Associate
Reports to: Director of Community Life, Community Life Coordinator
Position Summary: Participates in creating a well-balanced calendar of programs and events that promotes and encourages a feeling of independence, a sense of fulfillment, accomplishment and a need to be needed for residents of all care levels.
Routine Functions of the position:
- Participates in the creation, planning and implementation of activities to meet the interests of all residents.
- Contributes to the creation of a monthly calendar that encourages individuality, participation and leadership among residents.
- Continually promotes and encourages resident participation in activities and events.
- Leads activities
- Seeks to find the motivation in each resident that will entice them to participate or be an active member in activities/events.
- Conducts programs in a timely manner in conjunction with Touchtown TV+.
- Helps to provide opportunities for residents to engage in various community projects in Country Meadows and the surrounding community.
- Assists with collaborative programming with all departments on campus to support a strong team philosophy.
- Assists with administrative tasks: input of Touchtown calendar slides, posting daily calendars, maintaining and updating sign-up sheets, Volunteer information, Community Life Submission forms etc.
- Supports and encourages residents to take the lead on various activities to promote a sense of pride.
- Transports residents to various functions using company vehicles. - Responsible for acting as a new resident Ambassador as assigned by the Community Life Director.
Critical Success Factors:
- Energetic, personable, enthusiastic, creative, imaginative
- Able to communicate intentions and directions to residents and co- workers. Be an effective listener/empathetic. Effective oral and written language skills.
- Knowledge of the physical and emotional aspects of aging.
- Ability to be self-motivating.
- Motivational skills, including the ability to positively influence resident and co-workers.
- Requires standing, walking, twisting, bending, pushing, kneeling, stooping, stretching, lifting a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Must be capable of operating a variety of company activities-related equipment (ranging from passenger vehicles such as a 14 passenger bus to office equipment, kitchen equipment, gardening tools, games and sports equipment).
- Work place includes the entire building and surrounding grounds; all areas necessitated by off-site trips and events.
- Prior experience in group socialization or recreational programs preferred but not required.
- Education: High School diploma or GED.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Valid driver’s license: must have clean driving record with no major violations.
- Computer skills