Minnieland Academy, a national leader in childcare and early childhood education, is currently recruiting for a full-time Staff Accountant to provide support to the Corporate Accounting Department.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Bank Reconciliations
- Reviewing income statement expense accounts for accuracy
- Production of the monthly financial statements
- Working with the company’s outside accounting firm for the yearly taxes
- Working with the general managers to ensure coordination between Operations and Finance
- Analysis of income and expense items to determine any corrective actions plans
- Working with the partners of the company to produce ad hoc reports that may transition into monthly/quarterly management reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
- B.S. in Accounting is required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Analytical skills required
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with non-financial personnel
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience with accounting software
- Great Plains experience is a plus
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
This is a full-time position. Benefits include but are not limited to: Medical and dental; child care discounts; 401k retirement plan; vacation; and 7 paid holidays. Educational reimbursement after one (1) year of employment.
Minnieland Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All applicants must have the ability to pass a background check.