North Spring Behavioral Healthcare is an 87-bed, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services licensed, Joint Commission accredited psychiatric residential treatment facility and 15-bed acute psychiatric hospital which serves children and adolescents with a broad spectrum of psychiatric service needs. We additionally have two capacity expansions planned for completion over the next 9 months due to the high demand for our services. Our strategic plan for the past two years has been centered on improving fidelity to our evidence-based clinical methodology.
We are currently recruiting Mental Health Specialists to join our growing team.
- Beautiful Leesburg, Virginia, 40 mile northwest of Washington, DC. Named one of the best places to live by Money magazine.
- 45-acre campus in a rural area on the northern edge of Leesburg with a gymnasium, beautiful outdoor camps and high ropes course.
- Excellent public school system.
- Compensation package:
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefits available include health insurance after 30 days, Paid Time Off available after 90 days and a 401(k) plan after 30 days with a company match.Ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and variable shifts including days (7:00am - 3:30pm), evenings (3:00pm - 11:30pm)* or nights (11:00pm - 7:30pm). All shifts include weekends and holiday. Flexibility is essential.
- Key responsibilities:
- *Evening schedules are either front-end (Sunday-Wednesday) or back-end (Wednesday-Saturday). The Sunday and Saturday schedules are double shifts, 7:00am – 11:30pm. Mental Health Specialists on the evening shift work four days and have three days off.
- Mental Health Specialists assist in the direct care and management of children, adolescent clients as prescribed by the physician and treatment team; provide supervision, safety and crisis management for the client population; complete documentation of resident behavior and participate in programming; adhere to the scheduled activities; role model positive, mature behavior and utilize proactive behavioral strategies to minimize client crisis and maximize success.
- Under direct supervision, assists in the implementation of the treatment plan for each resident, by completing all required documentation.
- Assists in providing safe delivery of care to meet the goals and objectives of each resident’s plan of care.
- Responds to crisis situations and manages resident behaviors in accordance with the Behavioral Management Program.
- Assists with the unit milieu to guide the development of acceptable habits and attitudes by consistently and fairly implementing the behavioral program, emphasizing good choices, and positive interactions.
- Completes documentation regarding resident supervision and participation in the program in a timely manner.
- Actively assists the teacher in providing instructions and training in classrooms.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled unit meetings and trainings.
- Consistently follows the program activity schedule and implements all safety and security procedures.
- Serve as a role model for residents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma and six months experience in a human services field or,
- Associates degree in human services and three month experience or,
- Bachelor’s degree in human services
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Position is subject to criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.*Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $12.50 to $16.50 /hour