North Spring Behavioral Healthcare is an 87-bed, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services licensed, Joint Commission accredited psychiatric residential treatment facility and 15-bed acute psychiatric hospital which serves children and adolescents with a broad spectrum of psychiatric service needs. We additionally have two capacity expansions planned for completion over the next 9 months due to the high demand for our services. Our strategic plan for the past two years has been centered on improving fidelity to our evidence-based clinical methodology.
We are currently looking for Housekeepers to join our staff. This position will, on a daily basis, follow set routines to create and maintain a safe and clean environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Provides cleaning services in assigned areas to maintain an orderly, aseptic physical environment.
- Provides Support Services to maintain environmental systems which assist facility in efficient functioning.
- Demonstrates competency in skills and knowledge pertinent to creating a clean and safe environment.
- Checks posted schedule and is present for all shifts on time in proper uniform
- Works with others and maintains a well-balanced workday keeping busy without constant supervision
- High school education or equivalent is preferred. Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to meet the basic health requirements of hospital without restrictions. Must possess physical stamina to stand the majority of shift and to lift and move equipment and supplies. Physical demands require dexterity, good vision, and ability to walk, stoop, and bend. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Previous residential experience is desirable. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. Knowledge of cleaning techniques and equipment with aptitude for attention to detail.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Position is subject to criminal background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.