The Bilingual (English/Spanish) Human Resource Manager is directly responsible for the administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource functions at our manufacturing site in Greencastle, PA.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all site personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Support the Sr HR Manager to update job descriptions, gather local information for annual salary planning, conducts employee surveys, supports local management to conduct analyses for compensation.
- Develops, recommends and implements local personnel policies and procedures in line with corporate, maintains handbook and communicates changes to site staff, performs benefits education.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, conducts new employee orientations and on-boarding, monitors career-pathing program
- Handles employee relations issues and conducts exit interviews
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars.
- Maintains site organization charts and employee directory.
- Under the direction of the Sr HR Manager, evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Human Resources
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
This position does not have direct reports
Work Environment The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday. This position regularly requires long hours and some weekend work.
Required Education and Experience -
- A bachelor’s degree and five years’ human resource experience, or nine years’ HR experience - Manufacturing HR experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Strong Microsoft Office, ADP experience highly desirable.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This job operates also in a manufacturing environment with loud noise and dust and must follow all safety measures, including wearing steel toe shoes, safety glasses, visibility vest and hard hat
Boral is an Equal Employer Opportunity organization