Building Infrastructure Group, Inc. Chantilly, VA is seeking individuals to assist our current staff with the installation of infrastructure cable plant systems in the Northern Virginia Metro area. We are looking for entry-level and experienced technicians that are able to perform all tasks associated with the installation and build-out of Voice/Data/AV infrastructure cabling systems. Rate of pay will be commensurate depending on experience level. Entry level technician pay rates range from $15-$17 per hour.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Installation and repair of low voltage communication cabling – consisting of copper, fiber optic and coaxial cables within new commercial construction and existing client office space
- Build out of telecom closets to include ladder racking, relay racks, patch panels and management
- Testing, labeling and certification of new installations
- Successfully pass a pre-employment screening process.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Ability to follow directions of Crew Leader and Project Manager
- Climb ladders (6ft-12ft) to work within ceiling spaces
- Familiarity and the ability to work with hand tools
- Motivation and willingness to learn
- Flexibility for shift work
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry tools and materials associated with cabling installation
- (approximately 25-100lbs)
The BIG team is looking forward to hearing from you!