Indiana MENTOR is seeking a Behavioral Specialist for the Indianapolis office to implement the treatment plan for behaviorally challenged and emotionally disturbed individuals by providing individual and/or group support and intervention.
Duties include, but limited to:
- Completes structured assessment interviews with parents/care providers. Conducts observation of the individual in appropriate settings such as home, school, or community.
- Reviews social history information, completes functional assessments, and targets appropriate behavior base line information for each referred client.
- Writes and submits summary of assessment and recommended behavior support plan components to interdisciplinary team (IDT) or program manager as applicable.
- Ensures behavior support plans and support services provided are in compliance with Individual Plans, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Encourages continuous, age appropriate, active treatment and learning opportunities for individuals served.
- Advocates for the human rights and civil rights of individuals receiving services from the agency by attending and presenting behavior support plan information to human rights and other review committees.
- Supports and trains staff in implementing behavior intervention plans and conducts classes and orientations as assigned by the program director. Attends staff meetings and interdisciplinary team meetings, as applicable.
- Monitors assigned cases and initiates termination/transition process when appropriate. Ensures optimal caseload is maintained.
- Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete. Submits monthly documentation to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with local contacts, other professionals, and staff members.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in human services field
- Documented training in behavior modification techniques required
- Minimum of two years experience in behavioral management role required
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state