Material Handler I position is to perform all tasks related to fulfilling customer orders, receiving in-bound shipments, inventory replenishment, work area cleanliness, inventory management and any other request associated with supporting the quality system of the distribution department.
• Processing outbound shipments as well as in-bound shipments
• Follow all proper safety protocols and PPE requirements.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and follow departmental and company policies.
• Use various shipping systems to dispatch outbound shipments.
• Meet departmental/site goals by efficiently prioritizing and communicating daily tasks.
• Organize work flow, estimate progress of order fulfillment, and adhere to work schedules (start time/end time, lunch and breaks) to ensure minimal disruption to work flow.
• Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers to achieve team, department and company metrics.
• Support to Quality Objectives by proactively reporting corrective and or/preventative actions to your immediate supervisor when warranted for the continuous improvement of operations.
• Perform all duties according to company Standard Operating Procedures and Quality System requirements. Follow all company and departmental quality policies.
• Efficiently and safely operate machinery and check for simple maintenance as needed and make slight adjustments when necessary. Report malfunctioning equipment immediately to supervisor and/or manager.
• Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness.
• Report property damage and/or safety hazards to the Manager, Human Resources, Health and Safety or Senior Management immediately.
• Other duties as defined and assigned as required.