Montgomery Township Police Department
Police Officer Hiring Announcement
The Montgomery Township Police Department has announced the opening of the 2017/2018 Hiring Period. The Police Department is accepting applications to fill expected vacancies. Base salary for Recruit - $60,569; base salary for First Class Police Officer (4 Years with the department) - $97,828.
- Minimum age 21, good physical condition, proportional height and weight, high school graduate (or equivalent). Must be able to perform essential job functions and complete a competitive process consisting of physical and psychological examination.
- Police Academy - Applicants must have graduated a State Certified Police Academy and passed the Municipal Police Officer Education and Training Commission Certification Test prior to April 4, 2018.
- Benefits include: pension, dental, prescription, vision, medical, life insurance, paid vacation, paid personal days, court time, longevity pay, education bonus, and uniforms.
- Applications must be completed and turned into: Montgomery Township Police Department, 1001 Stump Road, P.O. Box 68, Montgomeryville, PA 18936-0068.
- Applications must be completed and turned in by Midnight January 4, 2018.
- Police Written Examination January 18, 2018 (see application for further information).
- Police Physical Fitness Test February 10, 2018 (see application for further information).Police Physical Fitness Test inclement weather date February 17, 2018
- Montgomery Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- For more information and a downloadable application visit our website at: montgomerytwp.org or visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/MontPolice/
GENERAL INFORMATION: Montgomery Township is located approximately 15 miles northwest of the City of Philadelphia, PA. This suburban department has an authorized strength of 36 sworn officers and 9 civilian Communications and Administrative Staff. The Department provides police service to a “highly” commercialized township of 10.6 square miles and a resident population of 24,000+. In addition to the traditional Patrol Division, the Department consists of an Administrative Division (which maintains our own 24/7 Communications Center and support services), Detective Division, Accreditation Unit, Canine Unit, Bicycle Patrol Unit, Community Policing Unit, Highway Safety Unit, and a regional Special Weapons and Tactics Team.