Yard employees at Bigbee Steel & Tank have two primary responsibilities. (1) Moving materials & tanks to designated areas across our campus. (2) Loading & unloading of trucks.
- Identify steel gauges, tank sizes & standard tank openings.
- Safely operate forklifts, small mobile cranes & overhead crane.
- Learn & understand stocking procedures & yard organization.
- Read & understand basic tank drawings.
- Operate jockey trucks and/or truck tractors & trailers.
- Ability to work at heights up to 16 feet.
- Safely load & secure various tanks.
- Maintain a neat & clutter free work area.
- Return equipment to designated areas after usage.
- Working on your feet for long periods of time.
- Repetitive entering and exiting of material handling equipment.
- Performing the above job functions while wearing head, eye, foot,
- hand & hearing protection.
- Communicating effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to comply with Company zero tolerance Drug & Alcohol
- Ability & willingness to work safely, adhering to established safety rules, procedures, and restrictions.
Highland Tank is an EEO & Affirmative Action Employer.